Sunday, April 19, 2009

Maya's First Pony Ride

Yesterday we took Maya on her first pony ride. With the exception of the one moment on Cowboy (which has been permanently etched in her mind), Maya has never gotten on a pony or horse. However, she's been mentioning with increased frequency that she wants to ride a horse, so we took a leap of faith and booked her a pony ride at the Rock Creek Horse Center in DC. I have to say that I was definitely a little apprehensive about giving them my credit card number..I was pretty sure Maya would chicken out at the last minute. However, she took to the whole thing like a champ. It turns out that a former neighbor of ours in DC runs the pony ride program on Saturdays and she took to him really quickly. He took her hand, led her to the horse and a minute later she was on!





















The cutest part of it for me was when we were finishing the ride a family walked by us and Maya yelled back to them, "I'm riding a horse!!". I have a feeling we will be back to the Rock Creek Horse Center.

No comments: